Local artist Lewis Wilson has painted this beautiful rendition of our school. With every print and/or ornament sold, Lew Wilson Art will donate 20% back to Douglas!
The ornaments can be personalized with your student’s name and class year. These would be lovely keepsakes for our 5th grade Dragons who are soon to graduate!
ORDER HERE (Enter promo code DES at checkout.)
We’re winding down the school year with a few more opportunities to support Douglas and our local community — while enjoying some shopping and dining in the process!
Please also plan to join us for our last General PTA Meeting of the year on May 27.
We can’t thank you enough for your participation in our spirit events and other fundraising activities this year. You’ve made a big difference for our students and staff!
We hope you can join us for any (or all!) of these events:
May 10-16: Spirit Event at Quail Ridge Books
Mention Douglas PTA at checkout — online or in store — for 19% of your purchase to be donated to Douglas. Check out the school’s wish list if you’d like to donate books.
May 12-15: Spirit Event at Aladdin’s Eatery North Hills
Visit Alladin’s or order online anytime during May 12-15, and mention Douglas PTA at checkout for 15% of your purchase to be donated to the school.
May 27: Virtual General PTA Meeting, 7 p.m.
Join us here.
June 2: Double Spirit Event!
Sawmill Tap Room: Place your order online anytime on June 2, and 10% of your purchase will support the PTA. Please make sure to put (Douglas PTA) after your name (here’s an example). This fundraiser is for online orders only!
Two Roosters Ice Cream: Head to the scoop shop after you pick up your Sawmill Tap Room order, and, as always, be sure to mention Douglas PTA at checkout. This fundraiser starts at 5 p.m.
There are a number of Spirit Night events on the calendar this spring, featuring everything from pizza to sporting goods to ice cream. Spirit nights are a fun way to support our school and the local community. Be sure to mention Douglas Elementary at each one!
- March 15-31: Shop Omega Sports at North Hills, and 10% of sales go to Douglas. In addition to supporting our school, if you mention Douglas at checkout, you’ll get 10% off your purchase. Omega is also collecting donated basketballs, soccer balls and footballs for Douglas PE teacher Ms. Hamilton. These can be purchased and donated in-store, or you can bring in and donate lightly used balls.
- March 25: Spirit Night at Pieology North Hills, 5 p.m.
- April 14: Spirit Night at Chipotle Falls of Neuse, 4-8 p.m. (use online order code HP8AVTK)
- May 10-16: Spirit Event at Quail Ridge Books (More information to follow)
- June 2: Spirit Night at Two Roosters Ice Cream, 5 p.m.
Our annual passive fundraiser is well underway and we would like to highlight some reasons to donate and to present our NEW opportunities for local businesses to support Douglas! Our goal is open and so far we have raised $5,000 to be used toward our teacher support fund, our Covid Care resources such as PPE, and toward student services such as technology and arts education!
Any contribution makes a difference! Please donate online today:
Check out our Dragonfire flyer for more details, including a form to send to school if you’d rather pay by check, and corporate matching information.